Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thinking of playing an MMO for the first time... Advice?

I'm not much of a gamer, but I've been wanting to for a while, since that's all my high school friends did. Just never had the time until now. The biggest reason is Star Wars: The Old Republic. I love the KOTOR games and I really want to play it. I'm just a little apprehensive, though, considering there seems to be so much involved in MMORPGs, with the jargon and strategies and what not... And the last thing I want to do is be an annoyance to people who don't suck. I suppose my real question is what is the best approach? Is there somewhere I should go to study up first or should I just man up, dive in, and be a noob for a while until I figure things out? Also, is SWTOR a good first MMO, or should I start elsewhere?


Answer: Any MMO is a good first MMO, but SWTOR is a real treat!

Don't worry about jargon or strategies, you will learn on the way, and besides, that is the fun part too!
All people suck at one time, again - you will learn the game, so no worries. The biggest annoyance are people who behave annoying, not those who have less skills than most.

You are definitely in for some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment